History of the Lewisburg
Fire Department

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lewisburg Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects 6,000 people living in an area of 99

square miles. We operate out of 2 stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our

department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status, with the

exception of 4 which are paid.
The chief is on station Mon-Fri and 3 Driver/Engineers work

24/48hr shifts. A volunteer is also on station from 1900hrs to 0700hrs
. We have an ISO

rating of 5/7.

The Lewisburg Fire Department was Est in 1898 after the great Lewisburg fire of 1897.

The original Dept consisted of approx 8 members and limited resources in which to

combat any type of large fires. 1
10 years later the Department consist of 28 members, 3

engines, 1 tanker/engine,1 7
5ft ladder truck,1 command unit, 1 all purpose utility truck, 1

operations car and two stations.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Counter